My Quote of the week

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baby Awareness Week!


As it is "Baby Awareness Week" it's only fitting that I continue to share my life and that, which effects many.

In 1994 we were given a child by God as it was the year of the family. Sadly though this child died before we got to know him or hold him in our arms. He is with the Lord now in heaven. Heavily my wife and I were gutted, and the promise of God at the time failed us. When we arrived home I put my thoughts on paper as is my custom and this is what I wrote. I pray that this may encourage or bring solace to many that have experienced the loss of a child or loved one.
 
Our Loss, Heavens Gain

As rain falls gently against the windows,
And the corridor long and darkened,
We embrace our sunken hearts and begin
our journey home.
With footsteps echoing in the corridor,
Silence surrounds us, words fail, faces a blur
The wipers sway back and forth,
relentlessly pushing back the rain.
The drive home is silent,
Torment and heartache accompanying our emptiness
And visions of our child are etched in our minds.
Linda’s womb lay bare now, where just yesterday
Our child lived and was loved.
The night blankets us with pain, too much to bear,
But our love for one another comforts and God’s
Presence shares in our grief.
As a candles flame flickers in silence, the shadows
Of sorrow are embossed upon the walls.
Heartache and loss return in a second as we
Awake, was it a dream!?
No, the reality crushes us in a moment,
As we pull back the curtains to daylight.
Who are we to question?
OUR LOSS IS HEAVEN’S GAIN
We know our God and love Him dearly,
Our baby is now with Him.
Not a single tear will ever stream his face,
And an imperfect world will never blemish
his perfect form.
Peace, peace, peace......surrounds us!
Our faith is in God and soon......we will see our child!

By Ron Lucas
For Tyler Aaron 19 January 1994

That very year on the 2nd of December 1994, God blessed us with another son, Jacob Aaron! He kept His promise....

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you had the assurance that your son is with God. How sad for those who don't believe in God, to lose a child. Where do they file their sorrow, if not in heaven. I'm thankful that God was and is with you through it all. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment...:)

Searching for a blog - Try Here!

A reminder of my youth, my mates and of where I grew up.....

Thanks for looking....

please feel free to leave a comment too!

Rinaldo