My Quote of the week

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Garden!

Profusely rustic, tangible and aged. Some manicured pockets of roomed jungle. The scent of wet gums and watered mulch whilst dripping with the lingering moisture. Moss and shade covered statues and concrete urns, intertwined creepers reaching toward sun light. The crunch of gravel underfoot and exposed weeds with tiny flower imbedded in the long paths surrounding the garden's serenity. Densely populated with climbers and creepers the dampness permeates my skin and the cool shadows are welcomed from the heat of the summer sun. A breeze sweeps through the open corridors of paths whilst birches sway gently and let in filtered light. Cool benches under canopies are positioned at random with tableau's of sculptures and iridescent plant life. Grains of timber exposed and textures of bark enable visual tones, whilst my senses take in tastes and aromas of ancient earth. Its beauty implodes on all of my senses and I snap away endless frames through the lens of my mind. Touch is waxy smooth and cool, subtle lines and veins of foliage are at my finger tips. I reach for more and brush petals against my lips, soft and delicate, sweet fragrances captivate my soul and the residue long lasting as I continue to fondle this romantic gentile flower in a delicate grasp so as not to crush its dainty shape. A butterfly in all its glory flutters past and glances at my towering intrusion to its terrain but its flight is lengthened as its interest is captured for a moment. Again it sails off and set course for a lofty branch high and relaxes on a grand leaf in the forest. To me I am man in Eden walking in the cool depths of the day seeking solitude and solace, perpetual rest, endless peace.....


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment...:)

Searching for a blog - Try Here!

A reminder of my youth, my mates and of where I grew up.....

Thanks for looking....

please feel free to leave a comment too!

Rinaldo