My Quote of the week

Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Father's Heart...

With the given heart of guardianship and responsibility over a child, is difficult in the natural to watch quietly as they struggle with life as they are battered by life's storms along with peers and authoritive figures to which they have been entrusted by me to be loved and upheld without my full heart for my child. To equip them with the necessary skills of life then watch them take the brunt of the crashing waves of ridicule and torments, of misfortune and error and then in hope, watch them swim to safety and survive, is the hardest place for me to be. My place is at their side to protect from all that may ail them and from those things that may have an unnatural or unwarranted influence upon them, but to see them stand alone and fight against the tides of confusion, of belittlement and demoralisation from the responsive authority and then to hopefully hone skills of obedience and love with an attitude of respect is a desperate clutch on optimism.

My child seeks the protection of my wisdom and knowledge let alone the comfort of my heart to encourage and defend. But all hope and trust is given to those custodians of my child when I am unable to be there with them or to stand in their stead, making sure they neither stumble nor are transgressed. The love of a parent goes beyond self and life but rather to the death would one freely sacrifice their own, for this is the heart of one that has held and nurtured life and would dare not see it destroyed, but would willingly preserve it at all cost, to the death of self.
The Father heart goes extraordinarily beyond that of will and desire and gives ALL for the defenseless, for the weak, for the delicate. For love out weighs all and all becomes irrelevant when dealing with the purest of loves, the love of the devoted Father. His love is selfless and definitive and overlooks errancy with an outpouring of tremendous mercy and resilient grace.
For the human father his weakness is unequivocally the possession of a tender young child filled with such reflected love and devotion and the hope that the child will fulfill all their years with fortitude.

For God His strength is the knowledge that He has sacrificed ALL for His creation already! His very own son.....that we're now able to fulfil His desires in power and blessings Eternally!

1 comment:

  1. You are a good father, Rinaldo - I bless you in your christian fatherhood. Press on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment...:)

Searching for a blog - Try Here!

A reminder of my youth, my mates and of where I grew up.....

Thanks for looking....

please feel free to leave a comment too!

Rinaldo