My Quote of the week

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oasis!


The Chocolate Donut

An Oasis simple means: A shelter serving as a place of safety or sanctuary!

When I was in pre-school around the age of 4 I lived with an older couple who cared for me whilst my mother worked shifts at the local hospital. It was difficult for me as a child being away from her for long periods of time. I missed her terribly as I had already been placed in another home previously when I was 2 years old. My only real memory of living with them was the school I attended in Burwood, Sydney, losing the sight in one eye from being struck by the man and when my mother would come and visit because she'd only have to leave again.

But one memory I have and will always remember is at morning tea time or snack time I would be bought a huge light fluffy donut with a thick chocolate glaze that would melt in my mouth and it was all mine. I can still smell it! It was the best thing ever, and I looked forward to it every day. There wasn't a lot to look forward to in those days and there weren't a lot of good memories, but this was my oasis. Still to this day I love big chocolate donuts.......hmmmmm, YUMBLY!

Do you have an oasis?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment...:)

Searching for a blog - Try Here!

A reminder of my youth, my mates and of where I grew up.....

Thanks for looking....

please feel free to leave a comment too!

Rinaldo