My Quote of the week

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Father's Day 2009

With Father's Day just around the corner, I was blessed to get an early gift this year of a new water feature from my wife and kids. I just love this, an expression of their love. You know I was in Hawaii in 2001 for Father's Day (U.S.time) which was in June I think, and I heard a guy preach about whose raising your kids. Is it the TV or is it their peers, drugs, themselves whatever the environment or medium their exposed to is what is raising them.
I am so grateful to have been able to be a dad that has had hands on with them and share in every minor and major event in their lives to date. This is whose raising my kids, me and my wife. We are so blessed to have such a close family and to be able to sit at every meal around the table and have communion and fellowship every time. Simply to be involved in each others lives and to be interested in one another. We share most things with each other and in the joys and the lows but whatever we are going through we share in it together, as a family.
Being around the table is so vital in today's society of instant this and instant that, everything is fast e.g. photos, food or disposable e.g. cameras, marriages. With fast food and microwave dinners the art of sitting together for a meal is dying in our western culture. The hectic work place, stresses, traffic jams and holding down two incomes doesn't leave a whole lot of time and room for the table to eat together and share intimacy with one another. Fast food has robbed us of the table and TV dinners or microwave meals has taken common place. So we value this tradition of eating breakfast together, dinner and on weekends having lunches or BBQ's.
Take some time to share in a meal with one another soon if you haven't already done so in a while and talk.....
Thanks for my father's day gift, I love it's tranquility and escape.
Love Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment...:)

Searching for a blog - Try Here!

A reminder of my youth, my mates and of where I grew up.....

Thanks for looking....

please feel free to leave a comment too!

Rinaldo